Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
100% Agree, looked at the M550i before getting my CLS, car is pretty much a sterile missile, incredibly fast, but such a disappointment in the corners. Does not deserve to wear the 5-series badge at all. You know things are bad when Mercedes can make a better handling and more engaging vehicle.
This is good to know. I owned a e39 m5 and an e61 535xi. I found the e39 to be perfect....size, feel, luxury. When I first got into an f10 535, I had to admire it had become as luxurious as a 7 series....but also drove larger than an e38 7 series.

I've driven a few lower end loaner G30 5-series and I actually thought they drove very well. Not sporting, per se, and still too large. But impressive for their size.

I had hoped the M550i would have possibly moved the G30 into more of a sports sedan territory....how the e39 m5 took the already great e39 and raised its bar.

Sounds like it's too numb.
Yes, the G30 is essentially just an F10 with a facelift in my opinion. I inherited a G30 540i from my mother, with every sport option ticked and it was a good luxury car, but not a good BMW. Then checked out the M550 after the 540 was totaled and found it to be the same but faster. At the time the E43 just won a car and driver comparison test calling it the perfect balance of sport and luxury. I checked it out because I didn't believe them, and Merc dealers had just started stocking E53's (the E43's replacement, same car but with a new high tech I6 instead of the old V6) and loved it. I went with CLS purely for the styling. My first MB, I've been very happy with it.
Appreciate 0