bimmerboyE92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Speed77 View Post
Oh wow we have pretty close setups other than you having better dampers haha. I think passives might be on the list for next year.

I'm running 450F/650R now with the H&R on the front in the low setting.
There are lot of naysayers, and there is definitely newer tech out there. But I feel Koni makes the best bang for shock that lasts. Everyone started at Koni (in the Netherlands). JRZ, MCS, Moton, and more all have made in the Netherlands. That's because they all came from Koni. And the reason they have huge diameter shafts and/or fluid reservoirs and high pressure nitro filled shocks??? It's because Koni uses a proprietary shock fluid that they won't sell to anybody else. The others use high presure nitro and large diameter shock bodies with reservoirs to reduce their oil from foaming. Koni shock oil doesn't foam that badly. A Koni shock last longer because there are no seals to degrade and leak high pressure nitro. That's why TC Kline coils are known to last 60,000 miles on the street with track use. Others gotta be rebuilt once a year. Most won't believe me, I'm just another guy behind a computer monitor. Point is, if you go with passive dampers, consider Koni. Definitely DO NOT get Bilstein!
Appreciate 1
The_Werm214.00