View Single Post
      09-13-2020, 12:46 PM   #138
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFragileHalogen View Post
I apologize if it sounded like bragging. It was totally unnecessary to say while saying how stable F8x platform is. Please just take it as a personal opinion as I said.

As long as one is approaching the limit carefully and incrementally, paying attention to feel of the car and not shifting weight too much or not being forced to do so due to other factors (racing or road hazard), one will not spin. Going to track days that are safely run so that one can safely and incrementally increase speed would help too. F8x is amazingly well engineered to be exceptionally stable at limit, while Miata requires a lot more precision at limit due to its short wheelbase and weight distribution which in fact no one uses as a drift car. People add front lip, rear wing and aero to make their high speed turn more stable- well I can do the turn in my F8x even probably faster without worrying about "what if it slides at 90mph and I don't catch it" Well now I found out F8x is not gonna kill me even if I accidentally drift it at 100mph. No way in the Miata- I don't even want to try it. Again, personal comments.

By the way, the wildfire in Oregon is really bad now. 500k under evacuation order and air quality is hazardous. Track days have become a distant thing...
I fully agree the E9X/F8X are almost impossible to spin. Extraordinarily stable cars allowing you to go to the limit without the car biting you
Appreciate 1