View Single Post
      09-14-2020, 08:20 PM   #147
MyFragileHalogen
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Hey man, I re read my post. I was trying to make a joke but it clearly didnÂ’t read that way. I guess those kinds of comments need to be worded differently by me since we are online and not hanging out in person.

Who did the setup on your Miata? Get the setup looked at and changed. Or I can dig up my setup sheet if you think if will help you. I agree thereÂ’s a pucker factor to knowing you have to slide the car a bit at 90-100mph (aka riverside at Buttonwillow) but thatÂ’s how all the fast guys who have shared vids and data with me are taking it. Better to get used to sliding your car in a $10k Miata than a $50k+ f8x and if your Miata is not setup to support that learning, itÂ’s kind of a missed opportunity, imho

I agree, I havenÂ’t been to the track in while either. For better or worse, instead of discussing g80 with friends itÂ’s now g34....

Btw which online racing platform do you use? Maybe we can organize a virtual private track day
I do acknowledge that I am miles away from being most experienced nor fastest nor skilled driver, and probably all my posts are cute for some seasoned or semi or pro drivers to read. Mostly I was just sharing my excitement and knowledge I learned in relatively short time from somewhat all my cars liking to slide more than necessary and that I still have cars to drive. I am aware that at times I probably got too excited from my own progress, but mostly I love to promote learning and sharing.

My Miata's setup is really simple, just street tires and track/street dual setup. I definitely will have to go back to the Miata for unfinished learning and as you say I will get it corner-balanced by a reputable shop and see. But man, F8x is soooooo much easier to drive and it is addicting to play with it.

I am still really primitive about using data platforms as I don't want to get stressed with small things and also I don't have to be competitive. But the Garmin thing Suds is talking about in other thread looks pretty fun. Maybe in a few year when I get bored of PNW tracks I will drive down to bay area tracks.

edit: oh, you mean online racing, I don't do anything. I played Forza a bit lol. but that sounds like fun what these forum members could do during winter break.
Appreciate 0