11-11-2020, 09:27 AM   #153
bmwmdistrict
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
I've just completed the retrofit of these taillights, and I want to give a HUGE thank you to tom @ eas and kubax86 for their outstanding customer support and service. I purchased the taillights through EAS, and used Kubax for remote coding services.

This is an expensive mod, but in my opinion worth every dollar. It totally changes the look of the car. I also love what I call the "Tron" style taillight design that these have.

To anyone who is going to do this retrofit, I misunderstood some of the instructions - so I will clarify for everyone. Two helpful tips:

1- When installing the new inner taillights, you have to almost "hinge" the taillight edge that is closest to the outer taillight in a 90 degree angle to obtain proper fitment. The inner taillight will then grip the body of the trunk lid and then you can secure the nut and bolt to tighten the taillight on the outer portion (closest to the license plate) on the inner taillight. That may sound confusing... but it wasn't clear to me from the DIY instructions. Hopefully it makes sense now.

2- When you have to disconnect the white connector from the REM, the instructions almost make it look like the passenger side wire (grey) and driver side wire (orange) go on EACH of the two disconnected halves. It does not. Each wire will go on the SAME half of the connector you separate. The connector half with the pin numbers are very hard to read, but it is there. Just plug in pin 5 (orange), flip the same connector, and you'll find pin 13. I mistakingly plugged the passenger inner light into the other half of the connector, which clearly didn't work.

Anyway, once those two snags were out of the way the install went without a problem. It was very easy all things considered, and of course, now I could do this retrofit for anyone else in under an hour

Again HUGE thanks to the amazing customer service from Tom @ EAS, and Kubax. Both were extremely helpful and I was impressed by both for being willing to go above and beyond to assist me in my opinion - instead of just saying "not my problem" or "I can't help you" which is way too common these days!

Attached Images

Previous: 2016 F82 ///M4 Black Sapphire Metallic | My Build Thread
Appreciate 2
tom @ eas8177.50
NickyC17479.50