View Single Post
      11-11-2020, 11:36 PM   #14
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

I've driven my car for about 600+ miles since taking her back home roughly 2 weeks ago. One thing I noticed right away was a loud thud coming from the rear when shifting gears -- this includes going into Reverse or 1st gear from a cold start. I also hear whining noise during acceleration, which I mistakenly thought was coming from the transmission.

Keep in mind, I had AKG polyurethane engine/transmission mounts, along with DSS axles installed all at the same time. This is in addition to the Dodson Sportman clutch pack that I also had serviced, which is now tuned with xHP Stage 3.

Up until today, I assumed that the noises I've been hearing were due to the polyurethane mounts. However, I received confirmation from another enthusiast, who recently got this kit installed by itself, that the noises are actually coming from the Turner Motorsport dual diff brace kit with polyurethane bushings.

This is not a deal breaker by any means, but just for informational purposes. I actually enjoy driving my car a lot more despite the increased cabin noise. The car feels a lot more planted, especially with a proper 325/30/19 PS4S tire setup.
Appreciate 0