01-17-2021, 02:42 PM   #162
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgradetp View Post
Ok because I didnt know if the guy was just trying to sell me what he had or was telling the truth. So the wheel is bigger but that means higher hp at the sacrifice of acceleration but if the gc+ is similar in gains then why spend more money on pure? Im trying to figure out the differences between the 2 because I figure there must be a difference.
I just ran 2 configs without shipping:
Vargas GC with install kit = $3774
Pure Stg2 w/ inlet & install kit = $3995
The + models of both have larger wheels, which do take a little longer to spin up (and at a later RPM), but give higher output at higher RPM.

Pure has a core charge (removed from my cost estimate by picking "customer will send in turbos"), and they do (re)use and re-mill the OEM housings. The OEM housings are a little more restricted than Vargas new (lil bigger) housings, so a PS2+ takes a little longer to spin up than the GC+. Some argue that Pure has higher quality control.

Since Vargas engineers their own housings they can flow a little more so the turbos spin up a little quicker (starting at lower RPM). I guess the cost of engineering and manufacturing of the housing may be offset by slightly less QC (or maybe Pure can spend more time with extra-fine milling). I've heard that Vargas makes good on QC complaints, but their bigger housings gets them a full notch ahead in my book.

The real answers come from where in the RPM you need the added power...based on 6MT or DCT...roll race or drag...driving style/type...etc. Compare against dyno charts people provide and use those to place your power where you want it.

Last edited by TopJimmy; 01-17-2021 at 08:12 PM..
Appreciate 4