02-08-2021, 10:47 AM   #161
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by princer View Post
Ha

I’ve just stumbled across this post so thought I’d wake it up again, I sold my F80 DCT 6 months ago, I’ve just brought a manual 340,i last week I had the MPPSK fitted, the M3 is a tame animal that’s waiting to unleash hell, it’s awesome, BUT the harsh ride, the aggressiveness and the auto box (my biggest bug bear) got to me after 3 years.

I absolutely love the 340i, so smooth, powerful, quiet, and the MPPSK gives the best of both worlds, I couldn’t be happier, my M3 was fully loaded and I do miss the surround view, lane assist and other options but I’m really happy, hopefully I’m not the only convert, be interesting to see if others have done the same.
I think that’s fair, no doubt the 340 is a better daily. I think a lot of people have gotten into Ms without realizing what they were signing up for and are ultimately would have been more happy with a regular BMW. A big part of it is the whole “M car” clout that people chase or are talked up about which blinds them from seeing that a “normal” BMW is the better choice for their intended use. Not saying any of that is you specifically, more that a large portion of F8X owners are casual types who are only in them because it’s an “M car” and not the right car.
2011ninja3420.00