04-08-2021, 10:15 AM   #5257
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
They are both yellow, have four wheels and two doors. You guys are trying way too hard here to hate on the car. Yes the grill is an acquired taste but otherwise it's an improvement over the F8x in nearly every way. It's pretty normal for owners of the outgoing model to hate on it's replacement in every auto community but few put the level of effort to hate as some of you. You are entitled to it of course but it does seem strange to see a bunch of adult men have such contempt for an automobile.
Camaro image isn’t loading above the yellow M4 in my post anymore, so missing visual context, but anyways.

Misplaced assumptions. I’ve loved every M3 gen since E36, acknowledge the positives and negatives of each and objective performance progress, including with this latest gen. (You must have missed my multiple posts prior to the one you quoted.)

So, more specifically, I have contempt for what this particular group did to the design of an automotive icon.

You’re entitled to consider it an acquired taste. Won’t question your adulthood on that basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
The PDK-S 982 GT4 will be noticeably faster than its 6MT version and it has a lot to do with the gearing sadly. Regardless of how good the driver is, manual will be slower. Especially on the track, little things tends to matter more.
Manual vs. DCT, PDK, ZF, it’s anywhere from a couple to a handful of tenths per lap on most tracks. The more upshifts per lap, the wider the margin. But the dual clutch advantage at speed, on the roll (e.g., 3rd to 4th), isn't very much.

As an example, .2 GT3 manual was 0.2 off .2 GT3 PDK at Big Willow. Same test, in the hands of Pobst.

I really hunted but wasn't able to find any more than about that after going from a manual to DCT E90, equal mods.

#savethemanuals

Appreciate 4
stein_325i25175.00
minn1914078.00
MFNATIK3498.00