SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_f80m3 View Post
I don't understand. I got the same email but my vehicle has the 4G connection. Weird.
Yeah, after I posted this I did some more research. In iDrive if you go to Menu/ConnectedDrive/BMW Online you will get a screen with a globe in the upper left corner. If it says "4G" in the globe, you have 4G. That's what I have in my 2016 M4. I called the 800 number listed in the email and I'm currently on hold.

UPDATE: I was on hold for a while and finally got connected. The woman I spoke to was really nice but couldn't really answer any of my questions. She offered to transfer me to BMW Assist. I was on hold with them for a long time and then got offered the option for a call back "which could take up to 2 hours". Fortunately, I got a call back within 10-15 minutes. That agent said that she could see that my car "was not 3G" so she wasn't sure why I got that email. She said that others have called that got the same email. My ConnectedDrive services were due to expire on 5/16, so I didn't get the automatic extension until 2/2022 as indicated in the FAQ I referenced above. I also didn't get a reminder email that they were expiring.

Last edited by SD ///M4; 05-06-2021 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0