09-16-2021, 02:21 PM   #25
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Well my VTT billet crankcase oil cap breather came in today. I am not thrilled about it's aesthetics considering I have a pretty oil cap but now the only thing left to do is wait for this PCV repair kit...seems to be taking forever. I think this is also the first time I was given this red/angry banner message on Amazon to approve the delayed shipping. It still hasn't shipped, either. Seems really strange to me considered I bought the 'last one' in stock and now it's re-stocked and I just bought another one that's supposedly coming Sunday.

Anyway... the breather is beefy, the ball feels heavy. There's definitely a well designed baffle with larger sized vents on the engine side and smaller towards the breather side. I'll disassemble it should I choose to leave it in and after an oil change of miles or so to justify doing so.

UPDATE: THIS does NOT fit the S55 Engine despite it's claims that it does. You can't even fit it into the oil filler location without contact from the metal parts of the breather's retention bracket. Also looking at this breather and factory oil filler cap side by side, I could definitely see oil leaking occur, it doesn't seal nearly as well. Great idea, poor design.

Last edited by slaughter.mode; 09-20-2021 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 0