09-22-2021, 11:34 PM   #43
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
OK, it's been 500 miles and I have been datalogging, commuting, dyno tuning, you name it. Pulled everything apart today just to check it out, it's in great shape. The final product that works wonders is:

This PCV Repair Kit for $20

With that kit you will do the following modifications:
  1. Gut the flap/membrane completely (takes some time if it doesn't rip right out, expect to use a xacto knife or something to clean it well.
  2. Drill 4 tiny holes (1/16 bit) right next to the nozzle. There is a plastic cap that clips into place on the nozzle (not pictured with the kit on Amazon but mine came with it, or you can re-use your stock one). That cap will more or less protect those tiny holes from anything being 'sucked in' but the likelihood of that anyway is little to none. It's sitting under a plastic shroud AND an engine cover.
  3. Line up the little notches and pop it into place. Careful that it lines up properly or you'll potentially bend the smaller notch on the bottom side. You don't need to use JB Weld or anything like that but if you want to, go for it. I can see the need for it if you still had the spring but we removed all that. The cap sits pretty snug and as I just mentioned, it literally 'pops' when it's being pressed into place.

Here's a quick video of what it looks like:

Here's a general tl;dr overview of what I did (sorry for the loud shop fan):

Last edited by slaughter.mode; 09-25-2021 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 6