Monkey Throttle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 comp 6MT, 993 C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanthius View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Throttle View Post
Just got back from two days at AutoClub (California SuperSpeedway.) Before going to the track, I replaced the OEM brake fluid with Castro SRF and installed EndlessUSA ME20 brake pads.
What I noticed most was a complete and total lack of consistency when it came to brake pedal travel. On some turns, the brake pedal would travel very far before I felt bite. But when it bit, it bit HARD. Other turns I would get bite at the top of the Pedal.

It never seemed as though my brake force was compromised, only the amount of pedal travel I needed to engage it... Which I will say, makes Heel N Toe downshifting a little more sketchy because of the muscle memory in brake travel doesn't exist.

I did also find however the problem seemed much worse on day 1 than it did on day 2. As I was becoming smoother and more comfortable with my lines and not being so sloppy with my footwork, the pedal seemed to have more consistency and more bite at the top.

Would I prefer to have consistent brake feel without care for my technique? Yes. Did I find that driving more skillfully helped? Also, yes.

My conclusion, the brakes worked great even with odd distances in the pedal engagement. I'm sure it will screw with my confidence but the ///M didn't seem to care. It still got the job done.

I'm sure I'll be complaining about this angrily for the next few years too though. Maybe I should have bought a 911. lol.
Double tap your brakes. Press once quick and hard to seat the pads, then second press is the actual braking zone.
You would think by 2018 if BMW could figure out how to auto blip a 6MT so you match revs on a downshift, they would also be able to figure out how to give you consistent brake pedal travel at the track.
Appreciate 0