United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoccoMarcellus View Post
It's not overheating. But the climate here is hot

And i see people buying the mosselman thermostat which is expensive asf and they keep their temps low with that ( it does the same thing as the thermostat delete ) so im trying to wonder why

Especially since i havent ( yet ) seen anyone complain about the mosselman thermostat
Re-read what nicksm3 posted. There's a difference between a lower temp thermostat and deleting it all together. Unless your climate is 200F+, your engine isn't going to overheat.

The people using the Mosselman thermostat are generally heavily modified or running their vehicles hard at the track which can lead to potentially higher engine temps; the Mosselman unit in no way shape or form "does the same thing as the thermostat delete", it simply opens the thermostat valve earlier in order achieve slightly lower temps which are still within acceptable operational ranges. If you delete that function entirely, as was stated before, you'll never reach operating temperature and likely do more harm than good. Heat may be the enemy of power (which is the angle I believe this train of thought is coming from) but deleting the thermostat isn't the way to address it.

For Sale
Appreciate 0