View Single Post
      02-15-2022, 10:28 AM   #4
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

M2C is definitely a riot but I don’t buy into the whole “M2 is the new M3” The M3 has always been the halo car and still continues to be, although it has evolved from a canyon carver into an all out performance / lap time monster. You will absolutely regret making the switch since you have a CS, the M2 will feel like a serious downgrade in a lot of areas. The performance is also handicapped by BMW from factory but this isn’t necessarily a bad thing if you’re looking for street engagement: lower power and lower limits makes it feel more rewarding. That said, the shorter wheel base adds more “feel” on the street and the potential for 6MT adds another layer of engagement. So while you will be giving up a lot by making the switch, there’s a chance that it would be worth it to you if M2C has the driving experience you are looking for. And that’s what matters most - does it make you whole? Forget what any of us have to say.

I am in a similar boat in that I do want a 6MT car in the stable, but it would have to be the right car for 6MT and would run in tandem with the daily car - the M3 CS is just too perfect as a daily. If you could swing it, I think an OG M2 would make a fantastic roommate for the CS. It has the same driving dynamics as the M2C, lower weight, and has a more interesting engine when compared to a handicapped S55.

Last edited by RugbyBro; 02-15-2022 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 1