View Single Post
      04-18-2022, 07:46 PM   #22
Nick7700
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 F83 Atlantis Metallic

Well, I was able to do this on my F83 this past weekend. Overall I'm happy I got this done. It took longer than I had expected. The most time-consuming part was opening the headrest to remove the emblem and connector. For some reason, the passenger side headrest didn't have any slack to take it out of the seat, so I had to follow the OP's link on how to remove the leather. Once I unclipped the cable, the headrest came out. I also followed the steps to open the headrest, but that was a challenge. Every plastic pry tool broke during the attempt to open the headrest (ended up with cuts from the broken plastic trim tools). I was able to pull out the cable, but fishing it back through was a pain in the ass because the opening is so small and trying to fish the connector in the hole was a pain. I was able to get it back in but during that struggle, somehow the connection wasn't secure, and the light was intermittent. So when I tried the same method for the driver's side, the wire came apart. So at this point, I figured I had to open the headrest. I ended up using a flathead screwdriver and that worked. Once the headrest was open, positioning the emblem and connector was a breeze. Also, I was able to reuse the existing connector housing for the silver emblems. Just remove the pins and swap them to the black emblem. Both black and silver emblems have different connector housings.

I don't know how the installation is for the F80 and F82, but for the F83, the most time-consuming part was figuring out how to open the headrest apart.
2024 BMW X6 M60i Isle of Man Green / Ivory White
Appreciate 0