View Single Post
      08-03-2022, 10:00 AM   #2
MineralWhiteF80
Dont listen to me
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82, E92 M3, G30 M550i, E46

I dont think that's ideal since you would be sacrificing things on both ends of the equation.

The front fender/fender liner dimensions really only like to accept up to a 26.3 inch diameter tire. Anything larger than 26.3" is where you start to run into a lot of fender liner rubbing, mainly at the outter 10 o'clock, 2 o'clock positions, directly in front of the tire, and then at full turning radius.

Adding a 285mm and rear wheel as a front tire puts you at 26.8 mm which, depending on your ride height will rub or realllly rub, while reducing turning radius. You also will have to add a 20mm wheel spacer and wheel studs which makes things so tight up front you will have to run extra camber.

Going with a 265mm as a rear tire to match the front tire is only reducing grip, which is already pretty bad on these cars based on their torque curve. Using a 9 inch front wheel on the rear will make the 'new' wheel stick inward 2 mm more than a normal 10" wide rear wheel would be sitting so wheel offset isnt a problem like it is using a 10" wide 285 tire on the front axle.

It seems like a lot of cons for the one pro of saving a little money on tires.
Appreciate 2