08-16-2022, 06:53 PM   #9
aaleksem
Rep
Drives: Bmw M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaleksem View Post
hey guys this might sound a little dumb, but I'm currently looking into the 2020-2022 M340i and 2016-2018 F80/F82, I live in texas for some extra context, I've driven both M4 and M340i and I love them, only thing that's holding me back from 100% getting the M4/M3 is that the M340i seems more practical as a daily driver, and as well for driving long distances. M340i also has the fun and the tuning capabilities with the B58. The M cars are raw and really fun, Just not sure if it'd be the best for a daily driver. When it comes to looks I love them all, The M4 would stand out a bit more I'd say but that's not a priority for me. F87 has also recently caught my eyes but haven't looked much into them (I apologize for being all over the place with this)
Would love to get some insight on this.

Not to sound like a Richard but...you don't sound like a F8X kind of guy I mean most people around here lust after these cars including myself, they are special, the M40i maybe not so much ya know? . You shouldn't have to ask what others think or be "talked into" buying one or the other because head to head they are totally different cars.

The way a car Looks matters to me quit a bit so for that reason alone I have hard passed on the m340i .

But since you asked for peoples options or insight here's mine....I think the m340i is your jam for a daily Just a guess.
Yeah I get your point, I love the looks on both, though there is something about the F8X that makes me keep going back to them. But I'm in college so I put other things into account that would serve me best, in reality you can't compare the experience of driving an actual M car, it's truly a Joy, but it's more about what would be the best financial decision for me (though both cars are well within my budget, I'm just trying to think in the long run if that makes sense)
Appreciate 0