01-13-2023, 09:27 AM   #43
guy5
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 BMW 330e (F30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidozoom View Post
I ended up going with the flash I really like the OEM integration into iDrive. For example, I can map Waze to one of the 8 buttons on the stereo and have Waze come up one-touch. Same for Spotify, Apple Music, Google Maps etc. I also get split screen views that can combine the OEM interface elements (Sport Display for example) with Carplay elements. Finally, I like the new ID6 interface too. It was also way cheaper than the BimmerTech MMI prime.

I had a bad experience with MMI units on another a non-BMW car and had to spend a lot of time with firmware updates etc. to get it to work. I am really happy with the flash. At one point I considered adding a front camera - if I had done that I'd have probably gone the MMI route.
Were you able to map the 1-8 buttons to specific apps? I've only been able to map it to 'Now Playing', 'Maps', 'etc in Apple CarPlay'. But not specifically to Spotify, Apple Music, etc...

Also, how did you enable split screen CarPlay and native OEM? That sounds like a cool feature.
Appreciate 0