View Single Post
      05-14-2023, 11:41 AM   #47
ralphsmithiii
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 Competition

I'm glad I finally joined this board as this is the kind of thread I personally find real value in. With that, I picked up my 2017 F80 a month or so ago with 52k and some bolt-ons but with no history of the car as it was a local trade-in.

I immediately threw on a BM3 Flex Fuel kit and did the E30 OTS tune as the car had catless DPs and midpipe on it but the previous owner must of pulled the tune off to resell the license as the car threw an O2 sensor code about 70 miles into driving it back home from the dealership.

With that, the E30 tune was quite a difference, as expected, but I wanted to just fill up on pump E85 and not have to worry about blended so I opted for the BM3 Stg2 Multimap and ran that for about a week.

Fast forward, I echo the experiences that Slaughter and others have mentioned about Ian and his team @bendcalibration. I had my crank hub done as insurance knowing I'm going to go turbos and supporting fuel system sooner than later and opted to have Bend custom tune it on BM3 for Flex until I'm ready to move onto Ecuktek with the turbo upgrade. Car is night and day difference with the custom tune although the OTS wasn't bad at all for the price.

Looking forward to hearing more feedback slaughter.mode as you provide your thoughts and logs, etc. Really awesome to see the data along with the posts to really learn/understand the changes!
Appreciate 2