View Single Post
      05-21-2023, 02:48 AM   #89
m5_mbb7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5CS, M5C, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Clearly you never opened the map editor in ecutek and bm3 and compared. Ask bend how many tables show up in ecutek and do the same in bm3. I’ll tell you right now that bm3 has 3500-4500 tables and ecutek last time I looked a year ago had around 1500-2000. So there’s that, no point arguing simple facts that can so easily be cross checked. As for custom tune, sounds like you had issues with Cary’s custom map for some reason and you worked it out with Bend, great. If you’re saying Bend couldn’t do the same in bm3 that is a flat out lie. Prove it or have them prove factually what it is that for a bolton car on ethanol they couldn’t do with bm3. I’ll tell you right now again, if there’s anything bm3 doesn’t lack in is the amount of tables they got. They have the most of any tool. Why argue such easily verifiable facts? Open a map in any of them and just look for yourself. bm3 doesn’t have PI and doesn’t have ability to make an extra 10-20 custom tables but we’re not talking thousands, its literally 10-20 custom as per their own documentation online. I never said ecutek or anything is bad. In fact I said in the hands of a seasoned tuner all these tools will accomplish the same power gains and whatever else is needed. I also never said Bend is bad or anything of the sort so don’t put words in my mouth.
Like I said, it’s straight from a tuner themselves that tunes on both platforms that ecutek is better than bm3 in every way and has more tables. Tell me why a tuner would need more than 10-20 custom maps for custom strategies? Bootmod has zero because the development team is incapable of implementing them. I will give it this—bm3 IS more user friendly than ecutek now that they updated their UI to be half-decent. But at the end of the day, if you’re looking to preserve your engine, ecutek id the way to go. Bootmod gave me and plenty of other people way too many issues with codes getting thrown on their OTS maps, both with EU5s and without.

It’s according to bend themselves that EU5s are not ideal to run on bootmod because they lack tables that help support for it. Bend themselves are who recommended ecutek to me despite being able to tune on both platforms; they themselves admit that they could not deliver to me an identical tune on bootmod. Sure, it would probably be better than Cary Jordan’s garbage tune that took 10 revisions and would never run properly, but it would still be inferior to ecutek with them. And you said in the beginning of your previous comment that Bend had “zero results in the real world” so I’m just giving you a much-needed reality check.

It’s funny that someone like you is so in love with bm3 that you put it as your profile picture. Almost makes it seem like you have extra reasons to be biased towards bm3
Appreciate 1