05-21-2023, 07:33 PM   #97
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectluck View Post
That twitchy feeling is why I’ve been following this thread and hoping that Ian can sort you out on the MHD platform. I used to use BM3 on my F30 when I had it, e30 map ran well couldn’t complain, having switched to MHD for my F87, I do see the difference in OTS with the load based strategy of BM3 maps.

The throttle tip in when on sports+ on the stage 2+ (e30-50 ish blend here) it’s like it goes from 0%-10% and it isn’t refined at all even when trying to modulate it with your foot at low speeds it’s very apparent. Hoping Ian can sort you out without having to swap to ECUTek as I too would like to save on not having to license swap platforms but if it’s for the best for them to do their job then that’s priority.

BM3 in their latest update though does seem more refined this coming from another fellow software engineer but does concern me a bit with hearing how OTS / custom tunes on the platform were regarding idle etc.

Subbing to see how things pan out and slaughter.mode if there were additional changes made also to sort out the rough idle. Not sure if recent weather on your end might be affecting it as we know higher E blends are a bit harder on engines when the air is more dense outside.
I sent an email to Martial at MHD with my feedback on the OTS maps.

I feel like these companies purposely handicap the OTS maps to create a market for custom tuners lol
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 1