View Single Post
      09-22-2023, 11:44 AM   #320
KnighTT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 - 2011 E92 335is

I just purchased a 2015 F82 DCT. 57k miles. The car is in excellent maintained condition, has full bolt on upgrades, and someone spent a great deal on the upgrades. The vehicle is not tuned from everything I can observe.

I took it on a three day Tail of the Dragon event and the car performed beautifully. Engine runs perfectly. So I do not believe there are any current CH issues.

My question is, before I start going down the path of doing the upgraded CH, is what are some ways to tell if the prior owner may have already had this job done on the car? I do not have access to the prior owner as the car was sold to Carmax, then the dealer I got the car from bought it from Carmax, then me. For the amount of time this issue has been around, and the car was modified by someone who spent a great deal of money, what are some signs to look for?

I plan on many more Dragan Rally's and track days, so I'm going to upgrade the crank hub before I put any kind of tune on the car. I'm just honestly wondering if maybe it already has been done.
Appreciate 0