View Single Post
      01-21-2024, 02:14 PM   #10
KnighTT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 - 2011 E92 335is

I did forget to mention.

This is not my daily driver. This is a track platform build. Not track dedicated, as I do love a good car meet, touring, and multiple maintain rally's are on the schedule, but the function and progression will be track focused and not show. I'm sure to drop in on Caffeine and Octane and a BMW CCA meet but that's because I love the community.

BMW CCA events, Atlanta Motorsports Park, Road Atlanta, and eventually move up to some weekend SCCA/NASA events. I decided to move away from the N54 platform to the S55 and M platform as it suited my more long term goals.

I've used the Ate TYP 200 on my e92 track build and never had an issue with it. Not to say the F82 isn't a different vehicle but I'll just have to see.

ATE TYP 200 - $16ea - 536d/388w.
Stock BMW DOT4 - $6ea - 446d/311w
Motul RBF700 - $36ea - 637d/336w.
Castrol SRF - $60-$80ea - 590d/518w.

I'll see how the TYP 200 performs as well as it's cost ratio being changed frequently. Moving up to the RBF700 may be in order if I end up getting into more track days and there is issues with the braking temps. I would say the Castrol SRF would be more for a track dedicated and high event frequency use for top tier protection. Comes at a cost for sure.

I have to agree about the lug nuts. All of the stud kits for the M14 studs come with 17mm lug nuts. After seeing the damage on the prior set, I noticed how thin the nut wall was. A 19mm lug nut would be much stronger without the lug nut being any "larger". I'll have to keep looking and see if I can find a 19mm lug nut but also with a longer nut shaft.

Still waiting for the 3D printed brackets to come in for my string alignment rig. I want to have them in hand before I start to pick up the poles for fabrication. Just in case the diameter is off.

Too cold to even want to work in the garage right now so I'll take this next week to get the next few parts in the mail and then get started taking out the stock suspension next weekend when it's warmer.

Last edited by KnighTT; 01-21-2024 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0