View Single Post
      01-25-2024, 08:59 PM   #61
jfritz27
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Just posted a review of 034Motosport's replacement rotor rings for this rotor upgrade: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2077726

If you guys are interested in what the replacement looks like or want to see the bobbin system in more detail you can check it out there. I tried to take a lot of photos so you guys can see every little detail.

Also jfritz27, I remember you said your rotors are getting worn down, so if you wanted to see what the replacement rotor rings look like before you purchase some new rings you can take a look at my review thread for them. I also have some instructions posted so you can see the torque specs and tightening pattern etc ahead of time so you know what you might need to do the job properly (a torque wrench that can accurately torque down a low torque rating, and blue loctite).
Nice... thanks!

I think I mentioned this somewhere, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately?) FCP won't apply a partial credit (from returning just the rotors from the original, first purchase of the hat+rotor) towards a 1st replacement set of just-rotors. So given that, when the time comes, I'll just buy a whole new set of hat+rotors, then return the original hat+rotors. While the outlay is more, at least I can get the full credit on the original purchase.
Appreciate 1
F87source7368.50