View Single Post
      02-12-2024, 04:33 PM   #47
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Start with the lowest hanging fruit. A front sway is quite cheap and very easy to install. If that gets you what you want, then great you are done. If it doesn't, I don't know that springs will help either - you may want to look at a dedicated coilover at that point. Prior to jumping into MCS, I would do some diligence on the $3k segment: 3DM Ohlins R&T, KW V3s, TCK DAs, etc. Based on what I am translating from your posts, it's highly likely one of these options will be satisfactory.

On MCS, ride in a MCS setup before you mentally commit to it. To get the setup to a place that M3SQRD is describing, it's going to cost you around $10k for the parts + install + setup. Unfortunately, optimizing for street performance is going to require the more expensive hardware that MCS offers. This is the reason why I don't just jump out and recommend it for everyone, especially if there is cheaper hardware that will satisfy your requirements.
I picked up a lightly used set of 2WRs for an F8x (F8x and F2x dampers are valved the same) for a great prices and did the install myself. I’m < $5k all in. A new complete set will cost you around ~$7k for the hardware + ~$1.5k for install with alignment so around ~$8.5k total (or look for a used set of dampers and save yourself $2-3k). $10k is a close conservative estimate. It sounds expensive, and it is, but what you get is well worth it!
Appreciate 0