View Single Post
      04-10-2024, 05:15 PM   #4
Ouhei
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 Honda Civic Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfritz27 View Post
To rule in/out the endlinks, you could disconnect them on both sides (like from strut body) and tie them out of way. If they're causing the noise under different loading conditions, then it should disappear with them disconnected.
I’ll see if I can give this a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
It also could be the front strut upper mount. A failed/failing upper mount can make noise when driving over a bump and/or as the steering wheel is turned. I’d try turning the steering wheel while a second person listens closely for noise coming from the upper mounts. The other person can get close to the upper mounts with the hood open.

Different versions of the R&T have had noise issues due to a material change to an internal bushing. This is an “FYI” - it doesn’t have to be a blown damper to make noise because a properly functioning R&T can be noisy. I can’t recall if any of the different R&T f8x iterations used this bushing. The fix was having Ohlins rebuild the damper with the old bushing design. I’ll check to see if any of the f8x iterations had this issue.
I can’t hear/feel anything with the car sat still but I’ll get my wife to put her ear up to the mount and try that haha.

Over the last week I can definitely notice it the most when going slow having the wheel turned to the left, adding in an angle (like entering a parking a parking deck) seems to make it more noticeable. It’s not a loud or harsh noise, it’s really hard to describe. Best I can think of is like a slight creek/rubbing noise. It definitely feels like something is moving/shifting but not in a large enough way that things are breaking?
Appreciate 0