gabriel.psd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 AW 6MT

Garage List
2004 330ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Supporting data logs please showing the loss in boost and lag before boost builds in a DCT. How about any other objective source other than your own opinion stating/supporting what you say? In any f8x DCT I’ve driven in S2 or S3 immediately slips the rear tires as you upshift. It would not happen if I’m sitting there waiting for the boost to build because that would act like traction control. You’d think I’d really notice it if I switch between s65 to s55 to s65 if it’s so readily apparent with the s55 + DCT.

Great. I’m glad you like your s55 + 6MT but “feels better” to you is your subjective opinion. Please provide an objective source or quantitative data logs.
Subjective opinion is the only valid metric in a thread about swapping a GTS from DCT to MT where the owner states he wants to be more engaged while driving.

The S55 cuts boost and doesn't hold full boost on upshifts. That's how it works. The auto in the S58 does. That's your data. I slip my tires shifting into 3rd if I want on my 6MT. It doesn't matter, I'm still not holding full boost.

You can swap from your E92 to your F82 40 times in a row before lunch arrives. It doesn't matter. What objective source can there possibly be on a subjective topic like what transmission one prefers on what engine? You're acting like you married DCT and have to fight for its honor.

S55 deserves 6MT. S65 deserves DCT.

Appreciate 0