05-01-2019, 06:42 PM   #7
Supercar Ace
Jedi Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 M3 Coupe LSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfus Aurelius View Post
We need more pics like these on the website.

Never mind the cars, though --!
I have a ton more...I just didn't want the exceed the post bandwidth size

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30ZHP View Post
Great pics and write up! Thanks!
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
Excellent and well-articulated review! And those pictures.....definitely need more!
Many thanks, I'll post a few more below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBIZee View Post
great pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
I had an E46 M3 for ten years. Finally got rid of it because the up keep was getting too expensive.

I must say though, my M2 is a great improvement over the old M3. Much better acceleration, handling, and engine sound plus no $1,000 valve setting fees.
I can see that. I've been blessed that mine has remained strong *knock on wood. Do you have an M2 comp pack or an Gen 1 M2? I've driven the gen 1 M2, and while a solid car, driving it back to back against an M4 Comp pack and my E46 M3, I would have taken the M4 comp pack if if had to choose between the newer cars. I hear that the M2 comp pack adds a lot more to the already solid M2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30ZHP View Post
This.

I was thinking about getting an E46 M3 at one time until I heard about those valve setting fees. No thanks.
If you find a good indy shop it shouldn't run you that much. Though I say drive both back to back and then make your choice. To me, the E46 feels more dialed in than a gen 1 M2, though the M2 is light years ahead in the interior.

A few more pics:

Last edited by Supercar Ace; 05-01-2019 at 06:51 PM..
Appreciate 5
magbarn167.50
clee1982797.50
ra2289305.50
shay2nak1070.00
coop754.50