04-22-2014, 08:29 PM   #69
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
No offense. You may be a more advanced roller than I am. I agree.

But, What I meant was that the clunky feeling with E9x until you cross 5K RPM and then a sudden surge to a heavenly feeling when the car comes alive at higher RP is not very suitable for DD.

With the new engine; you get the intoxicating feel well in advance starting at lower RPMs in normal driving conditions . This doesn't mean you reach the full potential at low RPMs. I owned E90 M3 and I enjoyed it but Extracting joy in DD conditions that involves Downtown commute and local traffic was a challenge with that platform.
I think that is also well-stated. The E9x is a lot of fun even in commuting conditions (at least compared to the vast majority of cars out there), but you cannot get anywhere near the intoxicating feel that you get in the 5000-6000+ range in most driving conditions (except for a very short burst of speed from a stoplight - then you're up to 45-50 mph in no time flat, at which point you have to back off so as not to get a speeding ticket).

With the F8x - we will achieve a higher level of fun at the lower rpm range and lower speeds. (Again, however, I still cannot stress how much I love my S65 and how much fun I still think it is after 6 years and 75k miles)!!
Appreciate 0