Thread: S55 vs. S65
View Single Post
      01-04-2014, 02:58 AM   #489
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

I am not even so sure how you can compare both right now. As most of us have not driven the S55. Thus, in my opinion it is too early to pass a verdict as which one is better.

I have driven an S65 on multiple occasions and N54 tuned which I own for over 4.3 years. While the N54 is good as a daily driver with lots of low down torque and nice broad power band, as well as easily modifiable, with decent gas mileage. I can't deny that the character of the S65 with its wailing sound and over 8K rpm redline with super quick revving feel and immediate throttle response has a more performance oriented feel to it that I would like to desire when I hit a track.

To me the S65 has the excitement on its side while N54 has practicality on its side. Lets, hope that the S55 can give us best of the both rather then just being a souped up N54.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0