View Single Post
      01-29-2014, 06:37 PM   #132
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Alpine328i View Post
E92 M3 still sounds better. this car sounds crappy for what it looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6Pu9X-2jFlQ
You cannot compare the two. A 6 cylinder car will never sound like an 8 cylinder car. From a design perspective, the S65 V8 is also not like your standard american V8 engine, it's a pretty special engine running extremely tight thresholds to rev 8400 rpm. Those days are over I'm afraid, we need to stop comparing this car to the old one.

It's like aging right. When you are 35 years old, you can't eat and drink and get wasted like you did in college 15 years ago. You have to worry about your heart and such. You also don't look as good, you have saggy breasts and big belly. You can't run up a flight of stairs as fast and feel out of breath right away. Now you can sit and complain all day about how you are not 20 anymore or you can be happy with what you have at 35 that you didn't 15 years ago such as a beautiful daughter that gives you a hug or a wife who makes you happy. You need to find happiness in different things.

It's pretty much the same thing here. The badass sounding exotic V8 is gone. It's the I6 what we have, but we have much better fuel economy. Improved interior. Tech gadgets and so on. M is an M.
Appreciate 0