08-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I wonder if they are going to charge people extra $,$$$ for the DCT like they did with the E9x M3's. On the M5's it's standard to get the DCT and a no cost option if you want the manual.

I am an M5 owner and a few things that always steered me away from getting an M3 was lack of some of the luxury options such as these things:

- Heated Steering Wheel
- Heads Up Display
- Full Leather Option(Leather on the Dash)
- Soft Close Doors
- Heated Rear Seats
- Night Vision Detection
- Rear Seat Entertainment
- Rear View Camera

But now I see that some of these technologies are starting to trickle down into the 3 and 4 series. Even the base 320i can get some of those things nowadays.

So it's a step in the right direction. The most important thing I would say is the Heads Up Display. Makes a big difference, especially in an ///M car.

However I'm not saying that an M3/M4 needs all that crap. I'm just saying that if I was only to own either an M4 or an M5, I would want either fully loaded so I could enjoy it's full dual personality. If I already owned an M5 that was fully loaded, and I wanted to pick up an M4, then I could care less if it had a heated steering wheel as I would use it almost strictly as a track car and order it pretty bare bones.

The HUD on the ///M4 is a MUST though.
See i think the M3 has a pretty good luxury side to it already. remember its based off a 3 series, not a 5 series. its never going to have has much luxury feel as the 5 series/M5 has.

my point M5 should and will have more luxury options and feel to it.
Appreciate 0