United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E92 328i

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWjunkie View Post
I installed my new amp over a week ago. I already had the upgraded speakers and ghost subs, which I had in both my F30 and F80 (so about 7 years of experience with them.) Initial impressions - sound is clearer and more crisp with better bass. However, still needs a sub and amp in the trunk, I think. The driver-focused profile is definitely center-channel heavy and I'm not sure I like it. I may change it but what a pain to pull the trim back out to do so. That being said, the install took a few hours and drinks to get it all done, including un-installing the amp after I had hooked it up to power because I was stupid and didn't make sure the power cables were run under the trim near the battery. Don't make that mistake!! It may have had something to do with the aforementioned drinks, though End result - I'm happy I did it but it's expensive, and the plug-n-play harnesses make it worth the extra cash for me. I would not use the center channel profile if I did the install again and I still feel like it needs a sub to fill out the sound. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with it.
Hey, sounds like your opinions on the amp are pretty similar to mine. In regards changing the profile, you can just pop off the plastic cover and feel back there with your hand. I was able to manipulate the switches this way even though they're ridiculously small (just need to think about the left/right orientation in reverse).

Did you, by chance, play with the EQ settings? I also thought bass was lacking, but I was able to get a level I liked by adjusting:
Bass +2
100Hz +5
200Hz +3

My concern was this seems to go against what they recommend in the install video (they say +/- 2-3 notches only), so I was going to try and give them a call after the holidays to get their opinion. The good news is its pretty straight forward piggybacking a trunk sub off the connections they provide.
Appreciate 0