SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojs View Post
Installed my RS29-s yesterday. Took me more like 3 hours instead of 1. The pins are a bit of PITA. They dont seem to go back in that easily.

On the bright side: pads are wonderful. Bedded them in really well. Driving them around the city no squeal at all. With windows down in underground parking you can barely hear some more friction sound. Also when changing rolling direction between D and R they make a clunking noise as they seem to be a tiny bit smaller than the OEMs and move in the caliper with the rotors. No big deal.
Will test them on Sunday on track.
With experience you'll get faster.

A group of us recently did a group Euro Delivery with 10 M2s, 2 M3s, and 2 M4s. We did a group buy on 8 sets of Pagid RS29s and had them shipped to Munich and I brought an extra suitcase with all the tools needed for a brake swap (except a floor jack!). We took the first week to tour Italy and Switzerland, and at Hotel Gletschergarten in Grindelwald, the proprietor of the hotel had a floor jack, so we did a group brake pad swap.

After the first couple of cars, we got our procedure down, and we were able to do all eight cars in three hours! I posted a couple of pics in this thread: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1255809

Appreciate 0