View Single Post
      07-23-2020, 10:35 PM   #3
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
I did a review thread on the B9 RS5 before and there are a lot of plus for this car.

The downside is, the pricing of the car is bad compared to the options you have. C63 or the former F8x cars. I don't mind paying closer to 1k for the C63S but not for the RS5, no matter how much I actually do like the car.

RS5 has panoramic roof and you have NO options to remove this. It comes with it, you have to live with that fact.

Interior wise, it's a bit of a hit or miss for me. Yes lack of a leather dash is extremely confusing considering the type of car the RS5 is supposed to be. I have no way to telling why Audi decided this route. But the look and general minimalist design is a plus for me, I like that part. But when I posted my thread, a few current/former Audi owners mentioned that the infotainment is lacking or doesn't always work properly. Since Porsche is a bit of the same with the PCM (and I hate the PCM with a passion) I am not surprised to hear this.

As with a lot of German cars now a days, yes the ZF8 is in the RS5 instead of the DSG. From what i gathered it is primarily because DSG cannot handle the torque so they shoved the ZF8 in it and... as with almost all ZF8 speeds, it lacks character. No matter what type of shenanigans the engineers do, you cannot replicate a 6speed or DCT feel in a torque auto.

For me the biggest issue with the RS5 isn't the car itself, it is the pricing that is the problem. Even a RS3 will cost you close to $900 per month regardless if you lease or finance, a RS5 is usually above 1k per month for most people. It is not worth the price compared to all of it's competitors.
White3401393.00