04-03-2020, 07:27 PM   #3122
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
well, i'd say anything is better than nothing and those are similar to what people in Japan wear and despite the fact they're not following the playbook they're under control, so you could .... And surgical masks do work better than cloth, so for the price maybe go for it, but hard to tell if those are the actual surgical quality masks.

Personally for more casual low-people-density areas I wear a Buff which is nice because it covers your neck, and is also easy to pull up or down BUT. (a.) it's thin and while I know it's a great dust filter, it's probably less effective than a surgical mask if you'll be someplace dense with people, (b.) more importantly you have to ensure you know which side is out if you're pulling it up and down, so that's a big downside.

I also ordered the virustatic shield "snood" - no clue if it works and it's a bit spendy with shipping, but it'll be interesting to try

And there are tons of DIY recipes for cloth masks - if I was going to make one, I'd make it high thread count 2-ply with some sort of thicker washable material in-between, so maybe the answer is get those masks and start looking for a good washable version?
Yeah we've actually decided to start making some masks out of some extra very high thread count sheet sets we had laying around.

https://about.kaiserpermanente.org/c...uctions_v9.pdf
Appreciate 3
GrussGott18113.00
Lups11819.50