Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCoverRoll View Post
Out of curiosity- how does early lease buyout work in the context of a trade in at a non BMW dealership? If I trade in my leased BMW at an Audi dealership, presumably the Audi dealership is buying the car from BMWFS at the lease buyout price that may include the remaining balance of what I owe on the lease - is that correct? The 2018 f80 I just bought had one prior owner who leased the car in January 2019, before trading it in at an Audi dealership (which is where I bought the car). I think I paid market based on what’s available in my region ($55k 2018 f80 comp with 17,500 miles), and I’m curious what sort of profit the dealership would have made given that the buyout price is determined beforehand by BMWFS.
Just like any other trade in, if your car is valued at 55K but your payoff is 50K, you will owe 5K when you trade it in. The Audi dealership is most likely going to be in the same shoes as anyone else.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 1