View Single Post
      10-12-2017, 10:16 PM   #3
ryank382
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-shell View Post
Glad you got this mod done; and DIY to boot. However, I have to say that I had the absolute opposite experience as you. I left the over-spring on and the clutch feels fantastic; not too hard, not too soft, and no play at all. Others that have driven my car also commented on how great it feels. Maybe you got a bunk pedal?

That being said, it is easily reversible and relatively easy to try both ways.
I definitely respect your opinion as I've seen your posts around the forum. You definitely know more then me (that kinda sounds sarcastic but im not lol). That makes me wonder if maybe I did something wrong? Or its a bad pedal like you said. A tech from autocouture even drove it and said there was def something wrong and I should try either loosening up the nuts/bolts or adding some lubricant. I even called EAS who I bought it from and their tech recommended I take out the springs. Thats when I took it out and everything was normal. I even tried leaving the smaller spring in and even then it still wasnt right. Still no slop without the springs and it eliminated the whole clutch getting stuck and not moving right or smooth problem.

Edit: what position do you have your spring in? I contacted someone from UCP and they advised me to use the position furthest from the pedal arm. That happens to be the only position I didn't try. But I also dnt see why they would offer other positions if they don't work. Also remember reading someone else using the middle position with no issues
Appreciate 0