02-09-2018, 07:46 AM   #40
scott13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 | BSM | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
scott13

Sorry for the delay in responding. Here you go for up to 48 months from original in-service date and miles at program enrollment between 20,001 miles up to 50,000 miles, as EVP is under written by BMWFS:

M3 is Category F (BMWFS range is Category A through G)

Coverage Center Cost (Invoice) MRSP Mark-Up
Gold $4,339 $5,339 23%
Platinum $4,909 $5,909 29%
Sweet. Many thanks. I'm actually surprised there's only a $1k markup for MSRP.

This is SUPER helpful. I've seen numbers in other threads that are all over the place, but it's always a bit unclear whether people are quoting numbers from 3rd party extended warranties or from BMW.

In case this thread ends up being useful to someone else down the road, here's the latest.

I asked the dealer to waive the various fees they were throwing at me and they agreed to "work them into the residual". When I pressed them for clarification on what that meant, they said they're effectively going to lower the residual so that they can collect their $585 in fees. Somewhat slimy, but I suppose it works out the same in the end.

They're still insisting that they MUST keep the car for ~4 days to "ground" it while they do the title transfer. I have no idea what that means, but it still smells like BS.

Since they opened the door on the possibility of lowering the residual, I'm pushing them to either lower the buyout price or at least cut me a significant deal on the extended warranty.

I'm rapidly heading towards just working directly with BMW FS and dealing with the not insignificant (in Massachusetts) headache of doing the title transfer/registration myself. As many here have suggested, that was probably always going to be the simplest/best option.
Appreciate 0