View Single Post
      09-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #653
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict3 View Post
Def lack of understanding since the Active Sound is what 2-3%? I personally love the way the car sounds.

I think I did notice you defending the new M3/M4 a few times, are you that guy with the small picture of a silver c63 sedan?
That was me!

BMW M could have avoided the ribbing by just eliminating/skipping that feature entirely. I've heard the car in person several times and it simply doesn't need any level of electronic trickery, irrespective of how insignificant it ultimately is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
I view mbworld's w205 c63 forum often and saw you defend the M against that dude with the CLA45.. great job!

I'm interested in both cars as well. Seeing that the E63 was quicker around the track in that lightning test just recently posted, I'm curious to see how the C63 stacks up!

I'm a big fan of the new M for many reasons (lighter, manual option, wide body work, cf bits, drove great when I drove Lup's car lol) but I feel a black c63 with that engine and improved dynamics would be menacing and classy all at the same time.
Thank you sir! When it comes to dynamic touring/grand touring cars that can handle both daily driving duties and the occasional track days, you can't go wrong with either BMW M or Mercedes-Benz AMG. Audi RS/Quattro missed the boat by not bringing the previous generation of the RS4 to the States. The IS-F was a noble first effort by Lexus.

After AMG and M, I have been impressed with Cadillac V. The CTS-V is very fun to drive and I'm expecting big things from the ATS-V (although the exterior styling is polarizing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I have very limited time done in the C63, so I can basically comment on the sound only, but it's not for me. I don't do tracks, and I want my fun on the pavement for everyone to see after I'm gone from the lights, so F8x was a good choice.
Doesn't this leave enough evidence of fun behind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I love balanced views... I try to take a similar approach (although I am sure I fail a lot more than I should). There are a lot of amazing cars out there... I've been very fortunate to have owned several of them and they are all pretty wonderful.
Thanks man! I also thoroughly enjoy your reasonable (and very knowledgeable) perspectives on competing brands' offerings.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0