01-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #91
sleeprequired
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
Drove the car last night with the GTS 2+ tune....

AMAZING!

Car is buttery smooth in it's acceleration and power delivery... very very impressed so far. For what it's worth, I'm coming from a JB4 (map 2) with downpipes...

Very impressed! :-)

Also on the customer service side... Alex is fantastic! From pre-purchase, all the way to remoting into my laptop to make sure the installation is done perfectly. Having personally dealt with many tuners and performance shops across the country, Alex stands in good company with them :-)

Also for what it's worth... I bought the tune as a retail customer... no special favors or pricing or anything.
My main concern is understanding what’s being done enough to be comfortable that the tunes are safe and reliable. I know it’s about adjusting the sensitivity to the knock sensors (Alex please correct me if needed I won’t take offence) I believe but I’d still like to hear how that definitely won’t cause an issue.

Why wouldn’t BMW have done this if it was safe? Surely this water injection on the GTS isn’t all marketing? Why wouldn’t they have increased knock sensitivity and boost pressure to get gains in the regular M3 if it was safe and reliable to do so. We’re they just creating a deliberate gap to fill with a new product?

This is not an attack on Alex and would apply to all tunes. If I was to get a competitors tune I’d be asking the same thing about the boost pressure. What’s got me going is how is it being done without the boost pressure when it’s what all the ‘guru’ places are doing?

Is perhaps Alex better at the coding side?

Alex feel free to weigh in directly if you like.

It is good to see a couple of reviews coming in....
Appreciate 0