Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvietness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Manufactures have high standards when it comes to the reliability/length the vehicle should last, I remember reading that their goal was for their line of vehicles to hit 400K+ miles. Also requirements of their partners. Many parts on the vehicle are outsourced, as you can simply pop the hood and you will see Bosch parts all over the place. If X part fails and is replaced, the dealer replaces it for you but the manufacture later has it replaced or reimbursed from the parts provider. In the case of the turbo's for example X provider could say the max these turbo's can be pushed is lets say 20PSI. The turbo company can say if you want to increase the boost you must add better cooling for example. The GTS can be driven with the meth tank empty or fully removed, the car just simply reduces power slightly at the top end.

The GTS & CS have small difference that would not allow you to directly copy a file over to the a standard M3/4. For example they both have larger oil capacity. Some vendors are based in the US and some are outside and can use or claim differently, some just do not care how it is worded (please do not question me about this.)

As you can see throughout time I stay quite in most threads and do not make much threads, all my business over the years has been mostly word of mouth. I am here for the customer 3 to 5 years down the line, not to grab as many customers I can. I am here so 2-4 years down the line someone says I've been running his tune for 50K no problems. The motor on the E9X platform I did not even make a thread, customers made threads and over the years no one has had a complaint.

Couple guys here on the thread came from other tuning companies who gave them X calibration software. These customers both returned and said "your tune is much smoother." In the long run you will see more and more customers switching back and forth between companies and more reviews will come.

Keep in mind, software versions on these vehicles make a big difference. I have seen tuners tune with much older software, some tuners have older GTS files they are using from 03/2016, I can tell by just hearing the start up roar that it is an older file. I personally only and only tune on the latest software with the latest information.

Tuners and shops around the world rely on me daily to update vehicles, restore vehicles, and help them with various other tasks for the last 9 years. Gathering all the knowledge from multiple angles allows me to offer the full experience.

I do not want to personally get a dyno and post it, I rather have a customer do it without me forcing their hand.

1. Whats the difference between OEM Like, CS Like, GTS like tunes and actual OEM Tunes that others are offering? i.e why isn't your CS Tune the actual OEM CS tune?

Some might word it differently. You can not directly put a CS or GTS file onto a car. If you read my above answer it will help.

2.How come you don't require VIN for this process?

VIN is required, I will gather this information after you purchase.

3.Where does the stock tune file come from if you wish to flash back? And how do you get the stage tune file, via email?

Once you are connected to the vehicle we will read your stock file information and I will provide you a stock file. You can receive your files VIA email, remote session or download link. All my customers have my direct phone line and can text message me.

4.When you ship the OBD unit does it come with a cable? what type of cable is it.. USB, Enet etc?

Yes it comes with a cable. The cable is USB to OBDII.

5.How are the customization options applied such as Cold Start Delete and Increase Horsepower/Torque Display in iDrive. Is that part of the tune file already or does the user add or delete these features via your software?

It will be part of the tune file you request. For example

File requests:

File 1. Stage 2 cold start delete, no burbles
File 2. Stage 1 Cat Delete, Cold Start Delete
File 3. Stage 2+ 7700Red Line, Cold Start Delete

6.Any screenshots of software/instructions/tutorials etc?

Shortly I will provide a video tutorial.
Alex do you need to get with me for the file requests or will we be doing that when we speak on the phone?
However you like. Please email or text message me

+13105600808
Alex@alpinemss.com
Appreciate 1
esb1621.00