///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redacre View Post
Reviving this thread instead of making a new one

I upgraded to a catless DP on an otherwise stock non-ZCP. Do you think I'll fail sound check on Sport+? Doesn't feel as loud as an MPE to me, but I know it's going to be close.

Anyone with recent experience chime in?
Ah, upcoming BMW CCA Golden Gate Chapter HPDE! Unfortunately, my wife and I aren't going this time but we have an HPDE at Buttonwillow the following weekend.

If you read my posts above, you will see what I did to avoid the dreaded meatball flag. You can go out and run in Sport+, but if you get a meatball, you'll have to program one of your M buttons to put the engine in Efficient mode, making it quieter. You have to get in Comfort mode by the time you exit Turn 5 and can't go back to Sport+ until you've downshifted for Turn 6. You may also have to upshift to 5th or 6th gear going up the hill between Turn 5 and Turn 6, past the soundbooth on the right. You only get 3 strikes for the entire weekend.

When I was last there in April 2018, only the other M4 with an MPE got the meatball, and at least two Porsche GT3s. The stock M3/M4s, both ZCP and non-ZCP, didn't get the meatball, AFAIK.

P.S. Thanks for searching!

Appreciate 1
Redacre369.00