lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecf34
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten View Post
Nordschleife is hard but not torture on the stock pads/rotors unless you're really attacking it hard. Most of the Tourist Speed Restrictions have been raised or eliminated, but some are still in place (and more heavily enforced).

Zandvoort and Spa are going to be quite a bit harsher. All 3 combined plus the driving distance to the circuits themselves is pushing it IMO. The M Performance Sport Pads are a good idea and easier to deal with since you're doing the 1200mi service anyway. They are a Pagid RS29 variant (typically branded Textar or ///M). The stock rotors are quite sturdy and should be able to cope well with the pads for that duration. Keep cool down in mind since the pads will bring everything up to a higher temp so the rotors need a bit of extra time and airflow to prevent major spot deposition.

If you want to keep the standard pads without the hassle, drop them off at a DHL office and shipped over near the end of the trip.
Are the M Performance sport pads specific for the F8X or are they also for the F3X? How do they compare with Pagid RS29s?

I ran stock pads at the track 3 days ago and could feel them going soft by the last session. I want to upgrade to more hardcore brake pads but I'm concerned with the noise and excessive wear on the rotors during daily driving (I don't plan to swap pads between track days).
I'll have to dig a little bit for Non-M. It will require M Performance Brake Kit to be installed however. Of discussing standard TRW Folating calipers and attempting to find a semi-balanced HPDE/Street combo, pads and rotors are what needs to be looked at IMO.

The M Performance Sport Pads are slightly adjusted in their composition compared to bog standard RS29 (there is an old RS19 version for Fxx M5/M6 - RSL1 Versions for all ///M and M Performance -excl Fxx M5/M6 are coming). These are the pads used by Ring-Taxi, Farher-Training, and Nordschleife laps during M Car development.

This is a temp/friction map for the Pagid RS line which shows the various characteristics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1