01-03-2020, 08:57 PM   #163
TypeDre
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 MW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle0099 View Post
I just installed mine with the same issue, but finally I sorted all issues out.

If you wire everything to right place, the common issue could be the socket casing E contact issue with the A5. When you remove cables from pin 18&19 of CON2, the clip on the cable pin may already become loose, so when you put them into socket casing E and connect to A5, it can't contact with A5 well.

After analyzing the whole wiring process, I found this was the highest possible part to cause the issue of the steering wheel not turning on.

Especially when the cable from pin19 of CON2 connect with A5 not well, your steering won't turn on.

It is 2 way connections when you connect casing E and A5. I tried connect and disconnect each way of cables to see the result and I get following:

1. If contact issue is from the cable from pin 18 (red), car will show hood and parking brake warning and you can't start the engine.

2. If contact issue is from the cable from pin 19 (blue/red), the car won't give any error but steering wheel has no power.

My final method is, instead of connection casing E to A5 directly, I tap both above cables (from pin 18&19 of CON 2) to both cables on A5 respectively.
Bro are you from Seattle? Would appreciate your help if your local! I'm north of Seattle around Northgate area.
Appreciate 0