QMoney
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeldoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1azycat View Post
For those who are still saying no SCH.. xxx miles.. stage 2 blah blah and they have been trying hard etc. Pls try to do the following,

1. Flash your DCT to GTS DCT flash.
2. drive at around 60kmh in 4th gear, then use the kick down acceleration (push button at end of the accelerator) so gearbox drops from 4th to 2nd.

If you do the above, you should get a SCH. Let me know if it works!
Why the hell is anyone flooring a car while in 4th gear at 60kmh.

Maybe all these SCH are guys who don't know how to drive properly.

LOW RPM + HIGH LOAD (Peddle to the floor) = Bad sound, Bad feeling, Bad everything.

I am not sure the kick down is what even causes the problem, it's everything before the actual dropping of gears that causes the SCH.

I have never tried this because I always drive my car in Manual mode but let's say I am doing 70kmh in 7th gear and I mash the throttle past kick down but I don't press the paddle shifter, will it drop gears for me?

I suspect the dropping gears is what might actually save the SCH but it is never done quick enough.

I believe most of these SCH happen when engine is at 1500-2000 RPM and someone mashes the damn throttle trying to accelerate in too high of a gear and there goes your engine.

Word of advice, keep your RPM's in the 4-5k range before mashing throttles unless you are in first and second where the load isn't extensive enough and you are in the proper gear for low RPM acceleration. Do people not feel that engine struggle when they mash in high gear?
Correct me if I'm wrong but that's how you drive an automatic. The vehicle will select the highest gear for maximum mpg and when you put your foot down, it drops to the lowest gear possible.

This is how automatic are meant to be driven so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. If the vehicle didn't have paddle shifters or a manual shifter, you think the car will drop one gear, and then another?
Appreciate 0