doodlebro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
My two pennies:

The fact that VTT is even willing to provide any sort of warranty at this price point, when no other Crank Hub Solution manufacturer in the U.S. is offering the same coverage, should show how confident they are with the updated spline grooves. I can imagine them providing full engine warranty coverage if they were charging $3,000+ per kit, but even then, things can get slippery pretty fast on both sides of the party.

I'm currently running their competitor's crank hub solution, but I'm willing to make a friendly wager that something in the engine will break if I were to dog on the car for an extended period of time. This is the reason why I don't see how it makes business sense for anyone to provide full warranty coverage for a performance oriented part designed to address a known achiles heel of the engine design.
Your points are reasonable, but since VTT is putting their word out there that this solves the problem and will not slip, many of us would like them to put their money where their mouth is as a show of faith. The "no-slip guarantee" comes with a big asterisk. Hell, I'll go so far to say if they developed a product that requires an "expert" beyond your usual mechanic to install, that's not a great product and it's not "set apart from the rest" since it comes with all these what-ifs.

I don't know how this warranty is going to give anyone faith. If your valves and pistons become close friends you're not going to re-install the product that just caused it.

Also, none of this contemplates the recent issue with Ghassan's 135i build in which the VTT crank hub slipped. VTT has yet to make a statement about that situation, but the radio silence so far speaks volumes.

Last edited by doodlebro; 06-06-2019 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 3