12-17-2020, 11:10 AM   #289
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistm4 View Post
I think that part of the argument here is that how dragy computes 3 percent slope and how other devices like vbox or TRC app, is very very different. On my dragy app, 3 percent slope is literally straight downhill. And when I say downhill, I mean there's maybe one spot I have ever seen that is that declined on a highway.

So far with my testing on the same night, I ran a 6.6 with a passenger going down a -2.4 slope. That same night I ran a 7.0 going down a -.7 slope.

I do agree that being slightly invalid like -1.3 (well, dragy invalid) does not play a role really in the times. However, I think the 3 percent rule is the forum standard because of other devices used to compute the times. Dragy 3 percent down and vbox 3 percent down is not the same I believe.

I think most here are just posting their valid dragy runs.

I could get on my 6.5 running set up, go to that hill I mentioned, and bust out a 6.2-6.3. Which, I can try next time I am down there to show the thread. However, It wouldn't feel right posting that as -3% dragy invalid is an outrageously steep hill.
I'm curious what is this secret calculation Dragy uses to measure slope? LOL, until someone can prove that the way dragy measures slope is "very very different" then Vbox or any other tool, it's nothing more than a gut feeling. Everything you and properstyle are saying here was said years ago when the list first started. It doesn't matter what you feel, data is what matters. Thank God someone like Green Eggs is taking the time to post here.

The main reason I added "dragy" at the end of each entry is so people know, if you think they're invalid then that's your right. If you want me to be honest here, you claiming that you ran a 6.58 on stock turbos with only 23psi is really hard to believe, lol, I'm not sure why more here aren't questioning that, I mean it's a WR time on stock turbos @ 23psi??

Again, PROVE that dragy measures slope differently, with real data or a statement from Dragy, or how it measures anything for that matter, if it does then I'll remove the dragy times from the list. Until then the list will have the same rules it always has. There's always going to be outliers, I mean look at your time at 23psi? There are all kinds of things that affect the results, DA, traction, weather, etc. So should we make rules for those things as well?

My advice is to just let it go, until you or anyone else can prove Dragy uses some incredibly different way of measuring slope that's better than the calculation that everyone else in the world uses.
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 1