06-12-2013, 03:39 AM   #179
Hoosiers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Agree, the S65 is everything good said about it and more. It's truly an epic masterpiece. However it's still just the power plant. Put it in the F10 and it's still a lousy uninspiring drive but put the N55 in the E9X M3 and you still have a pretty awesome car. So much talk about the engine when to me the main concern is the steering. The chassi communication is another but the spy shots and videos indicates a fantastic well sorted chassi with very little body motions. The steering is really the thing. I hope they are testing both a HPS and EPS system and only go with the EPS if it's really good.
Well said. We already know the car is dimensionally BIGGER than the last M3, which was already pushing it in the size department. For the first time in 15 years I'm NOT absolutely sure M will have a great car. The M5/M6 and F30 are consistently seen as big, numb, aloof failures of a once great M division by the automotive press. The same press that has been accused of being on BMW payrolls in the past. BMW's bread and butter; M and 3 series, are losing comparison after comparison lately.

This will be the first M3 generation since the E36 that I won't put a site unseen deposit on. I hope I'm wrong, because a new 911 would stretch my budget, but I think most people end up graduating to Porsche and this may just accelerate that.
Appreciate 0